Everyone has to cope with stress on a daily basis. But we can keep it in check so that it does not turn into “distress” by identifying why we are feeling stressed and then finding healthy ways to cope with it.
Here are a few of Goldie’s “stress busters:”
- Stay present-focused, and take it one day at a time. Live each day fully, and enjoy the gift of the present moments.
- Get consistent exercise with a variety of activities to keep you motivated: walking, swimming, Zumba or dance, sports, weightlifting, Pickleball, etc. (3-5 times weekly for at least a 30-minute duration).
- Maintain healthy eating habits: Lower refined sugar and carb intake, use portion control, drink coffee and alcohol in moderation.
- Engage in “life giving” activities. Examples: walks in nature, watching comedy, learn a new hobby or craft, try a musical instrument, and find your “happy place” and make sure you visit as often as you can.
- Stay away from negative input: watch the news in small doses and not before bedtime, socialize with positive people, and stop using electronic devices at least 30 minutes before bedtime to improve your sleep.
I leave you with this Scripture:
“But seek you first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:33-34 (NIV)
Don’t forget to pray!
Here for you…
Life Coach Goldie Winn, MSS
More of Goldie’s Nuggets HERE
FIND OUT WHAT’S HAPPENING WITH GOLDIE’S UPCOMING MOVIE! Rainbow in the Night: Goldie’s Journey of Redemption CLICK HERE!
For an encouraging read, RAINBOW IN THE NIGHT: A JOURNEY OF REDEMPTION, on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or Kindle.
Click on any of the following links to buy my book; thank you!